Home → FAQ
- What is Bookabuy?
Bookabuy is a personalised book subscription service.
Subscribe with us and we'll deliver a new, handpicked book once a month to you or a gift recipient of your choice. Beautifully wrapped with a personal message and tailored to the reader’s tastes, our book subscription packages make the perfect literary gift for any bookworm - young or old!
- How does it work?
Sign up for yourself, or create the perfect gift for any occasion in a few simple steps:
- Choose a book subscription category
- Choose a monthly (recurring) subscription, or a fixed term – 1, 3, 6 or 12 months
- Give us some information about the reader to help us pick out a personalised book subscription
- Sit back and wait to be pleasantly surprised with a new book each month
- Do I get to find out the titles that get sent out as part of the subscription I’ve purchased?
Bookabuy is a surprise book delivery service, therefore, you won’t know what books are being sent each month. The books will generally (but not always) be new releases and tailored to the reader’s tastes. That is why the more information you give us at the time of placing your order, the more personalised we can make your subscription!
We also offer a Love your book guarantee - which you can read all about on our About page.
- Will I get a gift receipt after my order is placed?
If you purchase a subscription as a gift, we will e-mail you a gift receipt PDF within 1 business day of your order. This gift receipt will contain the subscription details, who the gift is from, and your personalised message (if you included one at checkout). Please remember to also check your spam/junk folder.
Please note that gift receipts aren’t issued if you’ve purchased a subscription for yourself. Gift receipts are also not available for orders placed through third-party sites, such as iSubscribe.
- I’d like to choose the books included in the subscription. Can I do this?
If you’d like to tailor a specific subscription not covered on our website, you can email us. We will then reply within 48 hours with a custom quote.
- I've already read the book you sent me. Can I exchange it?
Yes, we offer exchanges on all subscription orders for books which you receive from us that you already own. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for a replacement book to be sent out. In order for a replacement book to be sent out to you, the book which is being replaced must be posted back to Bookabuy in an as-new, un-read condition (we'll include a reply paid envelope with your replacement book).
You can also provide us with some more information about your reading history, so that we don't send you another book that you already have!
For further information, refer to our Terms & Conditions.
- How can I cancel my monthly (recurring) subscription?
Please use the Manage your subscription link at the top right of the website to cancel an active subscription you hold with us.
Please note that all cancellations are processed within 1 business day.
- I haven’t received a confirmation of my order or my gift receipt.
Remember to check your junk/spam folder, as the confirmation/receipt emails may have ended up there. You can also add email@example.com to your contacts list to ensure messages from us are always delivered to you.
Order confirmations are automatically generated after your order is placed, and gift receipts are issued within 1 business day once an order is placed.
- How do I pay for a subscription?
1. Pay by the month
- When you sign up for a monthly (recurring) subscription for yourself or as a gift, the cost of your subscription will be debited from your card on a recurring monthly basis. There are no obligations for recurring subscriptions, and you can cancel at any time. Your card will be debited on the same day each month, starting from the day on which you subscribe. Please note that PayPal is not available as a payment method for monthly (recurring) subscriptions.
2. Pay up front
- You can also choose to pay for your subscription (or gift subscription) up-front. When you pay for a subscription up-front, you will be charged the total subscription amount up-front in one transaction.
- Are my credit card details secure?
Our website and payment gateway are secured by 256-bit SSL encryption. Your personal information and payment are securely transmitted when you place an order. Bookabuy does not store your credit card details after an order has been made.
- Which payment methods does Bookabuy accept?
We accept payment via VISA, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. Please note that PayPal is not available as a payment method for monthly (recurring) subscriptions.
- My discount code isn’t working, what should I do?
We regularly run promotions and discounts. If your discount code is not working, it is likely that promotion has already ended. If you hold a discount code which you believe should work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m having issues making a payment. What can I do?
We regularly test our website and payment gateway to ensure that everything is functioning correctly. If you are having any issues making a payment through our website, please email email@example.com and we will investigate the issue for you.
- How much is postage?
Regular tracked postage to Australia and New Zealand is included within the monthly cost of all subscriptions, so there is nothing extra to pay.
- When will my books be posted to me?
For gift hampers, your order will be dispatched within one business day.
If you’ve purchased a subscription, you or your loved one should expect to receive a new book by the 15th of every month.
Your subscription will commence within the month your order is placed, provided you make the order by the 5th of the month. In other words, if your order is placed on or before the 5th of the month, your first book should be received by the 15th of that same month. Alternatively, if your order is placed on or after the 6th of the month, your first book will arrive by the 15th of the next month.
We send out all books via Australia Post eParcel. At times, there may be circumstances outside of our control which may delay a book delivery, therefore we can’t always guarantee that your book will reach you by the 15th of each month.
- Can you send a book overseas?
Yes! Shipping to New Zealand is included in our pricing, so there's nothing extra to pay.
If you are interested in placing an order to any other international location, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a customised quote for books and international postage.
If you are currently overseas and are placing a gift order for someone in Australia or New Zealand, please enter your billing address and select Australia as the country at checkout. This won't prevent your order from going through.
- I still haven’t received my book – what can I do?
If you haven't received your books by mid-month, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can investigate. We will respond to your enquiry within 48 hours.
Note that Bookabuy is not responsible for any postage delays caused by Australia Post.
- I’ve changed address, can I amend my subscription?
Yes. If your postal address changes during the course of your subscription, submit a request through the Manage your subscription page and we will update your postal address for all future deliveries.
- Can I purchase a subscription for someone in Australia if I am overseas?
Yes! You can enter your overseas address in the Shipping Method screen when placing your order, and select Australia as the country. This won't prevent the order from going through.
- I have a question that isn’t listed above.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond within 48 hours to assist with your query.